There are numerous weighted blankets on the market today. A weighted blanket review such as this article for the COMHO Premium size can be extremely useful.
Such articles generally will provide additional and more detailed information that can help in decision-making when comparing different weighted blankets, especially between brands.
If you are searching for a weighted blanket to provide a hugging and comfortable experience, this article provides information on the functionality, benefits, customer feedback and brand reputation for the COMHO Adult Premium weighted blanket.
However, there are lots and lots of products available in the marketplace, and several good and noteworthy ones available, but how can you find these easily? This is where round-up comparative reviews and detailed product reviews are helpful.
What to Look for When Buying a Weighted Blanket
When shopping for your weighted blanket, there are certain requirements you should consider before purchase.
Don’t just go after aesthetics but rather, focus on your personal preferences and of course your budget.
Remember – cheap is not always the best value and neither is the most expensive. So, be laser-focused on your needs while doing your research.
Weighted Blanket Reviews – Comfort
Search for a blanket made from a material that you find comfortable – soft and plush, lightweight, cotton, bamboo, or hypoallergenic.
Note that blankets made with natural materials are generally recommended over blankets made with synthetic material.
Natural materials are more breathable, while synthetic materials tend to be much hotter, which can make sleep quite uncomfortable.
Recommended Weight by Manufacturers
Manufacturers recommend buying a weighted blanket that weighs approximately 10% of your body weight or 10% of the combined weight of you and your partner if you are looking to purchase a larger-sized blanket.
If after doing this you find that you fall in-between weights, it is recommended that you select the heavier blanket.
Weighted Blanket Reviews – Blanket Size
Identify if you need a blanket just for yourself or if you need one for a couple.
This is important because you don’t want to end up buying a poorly stitched blanket that causes the pellets to pool to one side of the bed when both of you are tugging at the blanket when you sleep.
This could be very uncomfortable for the person under the side with the pooled pellets!
For couples, a blanket between 20 and 30 lbs. weight is generally recommended. Note however that a single Queen or King blanket has a reduced pressure distribution because of its size.
In addition, it is really difficult to move around. Think about getting it to the dry cleaner for cleaning! It may be preferable to use two individual-sized blankets instead.
The blanket price is generally based on the size and weight selected for purchase. A quick tip – always take measurements of your bed before you order.
Once again this will ensure that you order the correct size and that you do not have to deal with lugging this heavy blanket back to the post office for a return!
General Product Specifications
MATERIAL – The manufacturer advertises that the weighted blankets use 100% natural cotton to make them more breathable and comfortable. The inner filling of nano-ceramic beads causes reduced noise generated by movement.
DURABILITY – The blanket stitching employs advanced sewing techniques to prevent bunching and glass bead leakage.
DESIGN – The COMHO weighted blanket has a multi-layer design, which makes the blanket warmer and durable. It also has a dust-proof function which keeps the weighted blanket cleaner.
DUVET COVER INCLUDED – A removable and soft-to-the-touch, comfortable duvet cover is included. This cover is called “Minky”. It can be used to provide added warmth during the winter and removed to keep cool in the summer.
COMHO Premium 60″ x 80″ Weighted Blanket Review – PROS
- COMHO weighted blankets are sold as cooling or premium (a combination of cooling and warming) versions
- The regular cooling version is 100% cotton, soft and breathable
- The inner filling of nano-ceramic beads results in reduced noise created by body movement due to tossing and turning while asleep.
- Several buyers agree that glass beads are evenly distributed across the blanket and the stitching prevents bunching of the beads and leakage.
- The removable cover is plush, soft and machine washable.
- The inclusion of the removable cover makes this an economical purchase. The cover keeps the blanket cleaner for longer. While the blanket itself is not machine washable, there are other brands you can choose from if this is a priority feature for you. Read a previous article – Washable Weighted Blankets.
COMHO Premium Weighted Blanket Review – CONS
- The COMHO weighted blanket as a brand has a limited stock but is quite popular with good online reviews. The cooling version is only available in 5lbs and 20lbs, while only the Premium comes in 15lbs for cooling and warming. This may also be seen as a pro for the brand because having fewer products might equate to higher quality standards.
- There is no removable washable duvet cover in the cooling version. This means that the blanket will need to be cleaned more frequently.
- A few buyers indicated that the duvet cover requires additional ties to hold it in place.
- It comes in two colors – navy blue and soft grey which is great for any bedroom décor.
- The cooling version is only available in a single soft grey color.
Regular blankets or comforters are being sidelined by many people for weighted blankets because aside from the latter offering better sleep, they also have potential benefits for those suffering from insomnia and people who are worried.
This COMHO weighted blanket review provides one of several in-depth evaluations of the pros and cons to help you in your final product selection for purchase.
Ackerley, R., Badre, G., & Olausson, H. (2015). Positive Effects of a Weighted Blanket on Insomnia. J. Sleep Medicine and Disorders 2(3): 1022
Harvard Women’s Health Watch 2019 Anxiety and stress weighing heavily at night? A new blanket might help. Harvard Health Publishing
Mullen B et al (2008). Exploring the safety and therapeutic effects of Deep Pressure Stimulation Using a Weighted Blanket. Occup.Therapy in Mental Health 24(10: 65-89 https://tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1300/J004v24n01-05
Shortsleeve, C (2019). Trouble Sleeping? Try a Weighted Blanket. https://saatva.com/blog/do-weighted-blankets-work-sleep-experts-weigh-in
A Price (2019) What’s the Deal with Weighted Blankets? (Potential Benefits and Risks) Weighted Blankets (Potential Benefits and Risks) – Dr. Axe
COMHO Premium King Weighted Blanket$133
Duvet cover ties7.5/10
Dust proof feature10.0/10
Weighted beads distribution8.0/10
- Removable MINKY duvet for winter
- Dust proof feature
- Weighted beads distributed evenly
- Removable duvet cover requires additional ties to stay in place in some cases
- Comes in only 2 colors